Cold sores and herpes outbreaks are painful and embarrassing. They are also highly contagious and people who have them know all to well the stigma attached lat alone the pain and discomfort. But there is relief and an easy way to stop and outbreak fast. Here is how you can use DMSO to stop painful herpes and cold sore outbreaks:
- As soon as you feel even the slightest tingling that precedes an outbreak, apply a small amount of DMSO directly to the affected area. In the case of cold sores around the mouth, also apply DMSO to the back of the neck. This is where the virus is when it is dormant. For genital herpes, also apply DMSO to the base of the spine around the tailbone.
- Do this 3 times a day for up to 3 days and either the outbreak won’t happen at all, or it will be very mild and short lived.
- If there is skin irritation, stop or try reducing the treatment to twice a day.
- Make sure that you clean the affected area of any other substances before using. This is important because DMSO can carry substances through the skin and into the blood stream.
- Always wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- You can use any type of DMSO – gel, cream or liquid. The gel is sometimes sold in a handy roll-on bottle which is ideal for cold sores and traveling. We recommend a strength of 70%.
- DMSO is not approved by the FDA for treatment of herpes.
You can actually start the treatment at anytime – even when the outbreak is full blown. You will get immediate pain relief and the sores will heal so much faster than when they go untreated.
Side effect of DMSO
You may find that after using there with be a garlicky taste in your mouth and you may smell slightly of garlic. This doesn’t last.
If you would like to know more about DMSO, how it’s used for pain relief and why it is only sold as a solvent click here. There are a number of uses of DMSO that you may find useful.
If you want to buy DMSO online click here! There are various concentrations of DMSO – 70/30 works fine for minimizing herpes outbreaks.
If you found this post useful please leave a comment and help others to understand how to use DMSO for relief of painful cold sores and herpes.